Thread: C8 Cameras stopped working

Default C8 Cameras stopped working

I have a '21 C8 convertible. It has only about 1600 miles on it. Today when I took it out for a short drive, the front and rear cameras stopped working. The rear camera worked fine when I backed out of my driveway. About 10 minutes later, as I tried to turn on the front camera to avoid the curb at a store, it would not turn on. The rear camera also no longer worked. The IP display is almost entirely black except for two small icons. One showing a red triangle containing a red "!". The other is a camera inscribed in a red circle with a red line through it.

I have tried restarting the car several times, after various intervals, hoping it would reset/restart but without any luck!

Does anyone know the cause or the fix?

Default Update - Problem resolved

After several unsuccessful attempts to fix the problem by restarting the car after various soak times and even disconnecting the battery to try to reset the cameras I took my car to the dealer for repair. They replaced the "VPM" (Video Processing Module) #85510260. The first replacement they received couldn't be programmed properly, so they had to get a second one. The second replacement worked fine. Both cameras are back and operating normally.

Glad you were able to get the problem fixed.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic. Sold 6/19/2021

Thread Information