Thread: Do you need to perform a hydraulic system flush when replacing the DCT filter?

Default Do you need to perform a hydraulic system flush when replacing the DCT filter?

I've posted this question on a couple of forums but still no definitive answer.

I have a 2020 C8 HTC w/Z51. When it comes time I was hoping to do the DCT filter replacement myself. I have the necessary tools (with the exception of a scan tool) and skills.

However, a Corvette tech in another forum said they have recently added a DCT hydraulic system fluid flush prior to filter removal (this isn't a flush in the conventional sense - no fluid is replaced). Some people that brought their cars in for the filter replacement have said the tech performed the flush but most said they didn't. This flush procedure requires access to a GM scan tool.

Does the latest version of the DCT filter replacement require a hydraulic system flush? Below is the first page of the procedure that someone had posted. To me, it is pretty clear that the flush needs to be performed if the document I posted is correct.

filter_replace_proceedure_edf8f6a539ef5de3bcf7aff0625f28983314cf80.jpg
    Last edited by RKCRLR; 06-17-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Thread Information