Thread: Crank pulley and seal replacement costs

Default Crank pulley and seal replacement costs

Anyone have a dealer replace their crank pulley and seal? If so, what did it cost you, less parts?

My crank pulley is completely fine for a 1998 but my seal is leaking. I know I can do the job but it'll take me at least four times longer then a professional tech.
    I was entertaining the idea of my local dealer doing the work and I supply the parts.
    Last edited by toolguy; 05-12-2021 at 04:03 AM.

1998 Six Speed, Torch Red Coupe

Don’t know about the cost, but most dealerships won’t install cust supplied parts. I would let them supply the parts to get a labor and parts warranty even though it will cost more. Any labor warranty could/would be void if they do install your parts. Make sure the oil leak isn’t coming from the valley cover under the intake manifold, follow the oil leak to its highest point. Good luck with it.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Yeah I thought of that about supplying my own parts, most garages will not install them but I do have a local garage that will. If I have to install them I will, biggest headache is removing the rack but I do own all the puller remover and installer tools for the crank.
    Oil leak is def under the engine though, I replaced the valley cover and gasket when I converted the PCV system over to the LS6 style.

I'm just amazed my crank pulley has not self destructed like so many have, it's 23 years old now and still is fine with no issues.

1998 Six Speed, Torch Red Coupe

Thread Information