Thread: 2003 Z06 Starts and dies. Reduced Engine Power/Service Engine Soon/Low Fuel

Default 2003 Z06 Starts and dies. Reduced Engine Power/Service Engine Soon/Low Fuel

Hoping somebody can give me some much-needed help. The car will fire and run for about two seconds and then immediately stop running. Reduced engine power, service engine soon and low fuel indicators are present. Also, power door locks and power windows do not operate.
    I just completed a new stereo install when this occurred. The stereo install and speaker install was complete gave it a final test and everything seemed fine at that point. I reinstalled all of the carpeting seats I had pulled out and reinstalled the door panels and tried to start the car to put it into the garage and the situation occurred.
    I have since looked everything over can’t see anything obviously wrong also put a new battery in just for kicks and nothing. I previously removed the battery and let the car sit for hours to see if something might reset that didn’t work either.
    Help!
    Last edited by GaryG; 04-26-2021 at 04:59 PM.

What codes are stored in the DIC?

Make sure the new battery is torqued to spec. And go over your work to make sure nothing is loose or shorted.

With that said, chances are it is a loose connection in the door harness connector. Check out Paul's video on inspecting the connector for loose terminals here: https://youtu.be/m91tbiusXtY And after: https://youtu.be/HtztzTm1JGw

Thanks for the response. I just picked this car up recently and am still getting familiar with it. I will check the codes and see what's there and will double check all my connections. I did double check my drivers side door connections yesterday and to my untrained eye nothing seemed damaged or compromised in any way. Thanks for the video links, I will check them out also.

I started disconnecting things that I touched during the stereo install last night. Long story short after unplugging things one at a time and have no luck I removed the drivers seat, which is the very last thing I put back after tearing the interior apart, and unplugged the power seat control connector and that was the culprit! The car started and everything worked like it should. I can't believe this could cause all of the issues it did. To say the least I am very relieved. Thanks for the help.
    ​​​​​​​GaryG

Thread Information