Thread: My squeaky, moaning, rattling Targa top on my 2007 Corvette

Default My squeaky, moaning, rattling Targa top on my 2007 Corvette

I bought my 2007 Corvette last year. When I drove it to buy it, the Targa top was off. After buying it, I picked it up and it had the top on. Needless to say, I was freaked out by the noise that it made with the top on. I drove it that summer, mostly with the top off because of the noise. This spring I decided to investigate it after the Chevy dealer said it was a problem with the 05-09's and there was no fix. They were wrong.

I went to YouTube on: "How to Fix a Noisy Removable Top on a C6 Corvette Coup" by Paul and Brittney. We followed the instructions exactly as as they said to do. WOW! I was thrilled with the results. The noise is completely gone! We did adjust the locks above the front windshield as one was quite loose. One thing you need to know. The GM lubricant suggested has been discontinued. However, we found 1 bottle of that at our hometown Chevy dealer. It was expensive - $86.00. But they also suggest that you do this every year. I plan on having this vehicle for a while, so that wasn't a problem. I want to thank Paul and Brittney for their Youtube fix. I can't wait to get my Corvette out.
    Thanks Again
    Sally

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear Paul and Brittney's video helped you out.

HI there,

And thank you for all your kind words. It is our pleasure.

Allthebest, and WELCOME!

Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

Thread Information