Thread: Paragon performance items new for a c8

Default Paragon performance items new for a c8

Would you guys install a semi permanent jacking puck? Seems to make sense?

The slotted rotors that drop 3 lbs per side sound like an interesting option when it comes time to replace rotors. I think at that time leaving the environmental pad required by law would probably make sense as well.

Just something to consider.

Any other new products peaking anybody elses interest ?

Im in no rush...i just figured since somebody made a video of their products what the hell share it here.

I thought about the semi permanent but finally went with a set of 4 that I keep in the storage compartment in a small bag. Heard of a few people loosing one and it not being there they needed it with the semi ones. Could be they didn’t install them all correctly and it was there fault and not the puck. I think I may have used mine 5-6 times. Mostly when I pulled the wheels to give the barrels an extra cleaning.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Thanks Rob. Mostly for wheel cleaning duty. I used to use actual hockey pucks in previous corvettes,

I was thinking right or wrong the new c8 might need something more specific.

With covid I pretty much was in and out at the dealer in 15 minutes.

Now Im wondering how the drivers seat back flips forward... ive yet to find the little latch to flip the seat back forward,

One negative or less than positive...is you cant have stuff in rear trunk and put the roof in their as easily as occured in orefious generations. The targa used ti lay at the upper portion of the rear trunk so a gym bag etc could still sit below the roof stored. Not so really with the c8...

To get the roof to lock in place...better to not have items in the rear trunk.. yes we do have front trunk..

And for those wondering....id recommend retractable hardtop model. I would not miss the loss of viewing the engine from the outside, not a big deal. Imo

I have red aluminum pucks on my C5 that are bolted on and are permanent unless you want to unbolt them. I am pretty sure that those Paragon's are the same. I have had mine on for over a decade, and would highly recommend bolting them on and leaving them attached. I have little red markers on the side sills that mark the location of each puck. No trying to find the attaching hole each time you want to jack up the vehicle and twisting in a puck. Bend over once, not two or three times. Simple and easy.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    I have red aluminum pucks on my C5 that are bolted on and are permanent unless you want to unbolt them. I am pretty sure that those Paragon's are the same. I have had mine on for over a decade, and would highly recommend bolting them on and leaving them attached. I have little red markers on the side sills that mark the location of each puck. No trying to find the attaching hole each time you want to jack up the vehicle and twisting in a puck. Bend over once, not two or three times. Simple and easy.
    Thanks...ill have to think about what Ill do here. I used actual hockey pucks for my two c5 s and my c6.

I have a feeling the c8 requires something new.

Over the years most of the shops I used for tires knew what they were doing as the owner had a nice c5 for years.

The new c8 might be slightly different. I havent spent any time reading the owners manual as Ive had a few other things more pressing to deal with.

Just found out there is no little latch on the seat back to flip the drivers seatback forward...

Too bad as I used to like to throw my workout gloves and headset behind the seat.

I have a multitude of face masks in the center console which I guess i could use the glovebox ..

Funny how i sort of miss the nice storage i had in the aftermarket piece across the front edge of the c6 ledge.

No big deal yet it is interesting how different the c8 is than previous generations.

Thread Information