(From JerryU) the pic I posted that is from a published article with all those details. Also sounds like you don't understand that a hybrid is being pushed to cut down CO2 pollution, which is what the ~40 mpg C8 Vette Family would have had to achieve in 2025 (until the law was blocked with the stoke of a pen January 2017.)

I'll provide a short discussion BUT suggest you download my PDF that has all the details and defines the details in that pic you don't understand. That info was reinforced in a recent article that validated it was the LT2 and ~100 hp FWD electric drive was to be used in that article said was the Grand Sport, perhaps would be called an E-Ray: http://netwelding.com/C8_FWD_Hybrid.pdf (Note it was updated last week with new supporting info.)

DETAILS ON HOW A HYBRID SIGNIFICANLY IMPROVES EFFICIENCY:
To get more energy efficiency required to achieve ~40 mpg you have to eliminate the areas of high gasoline use (and most important to many, lower CO2 pollution. Currently the C8 has an EPA average of ~20 mpg so achieving ~40 mpg would mean ~1/2 the CO2! ) Accelerating, even modesty to cruising speed in normal driving takes a lot of energy, i.e. gasoline. (Set your car to instantaneous mpg and watch how poor it is even in normal driving until you reach cruising speed.) SO with the LT2 OFF, the FWD electric battery powered motor would propel the car to ~40 mph from a stop. THEN the LT2 would start for higher speeds, etc. That can be done with a relatively small battery compared to what's needed in an EV.

Then when braking, much of that usual wasted energy, rather than just become heat is used to recharge the battery. So when coasting to a stop the LT2 would shut off and the motor becomes a generator (just like a Prius.) The battery in that article was relatively low capacity and some that size weight less than 75 lbs. When stopped at a red light the LT2 is off and won't start again until at about ~40 mph or when accelerating fast.

For the EPA City Drive cycle (shown in the PDF) there are many short duration starts and many stops. The battery has plenty of cycle sections to become fully charged. On the Highway cycle there are still a few recharging periods but LT2 would be used in 4 cylinder mode. But unlike now where when you go up even a moderate hill the engine switches to 8 cylinder mode the FWD could be used to provide the added power and keep the LT2 in the more efficient 4 cylinder mode.

As noted in the PDF the EPA average (which was defined as requiring the Corvette to get ~40 mpg) is based on 55% City and 45% highway Drive Cycle. I show that ~40 mpg should be possible.

NOW when driving aggressively BOTH the LT2 and FWD power can be used. So when accelerating fast you would gain the benefit of the 495 hp ICE and 114 hp FWD electric, as well as the extra FWD traction! As now, the EPA required test cycle DOES NOT require WOT or even more throttle than needed to accelerate at more than their specified moderate rate. The EPA Drive cycles are designed so even a low power grocery Ogetter can accelerate at their modest rate requirements. (That is why the C7 M7 had skip shift! the EPA cycle acceleration rate to could achieved shifting from 1st to 4th skipping 2nd and 3rd, which achieved higher mpg.) Fact is, to meet the current EPA test cycle the LT2 probably only has to use ~40 to 50 hp max! But "on average" that is now 90% of the time cars are used.

Hope that helps. Here is that pic from that November 2019 published article: