Thread: Dead battery

Default Dead battery

Went out yesterday to head out for a cruise night and our 2010 Grand Sport wouldn't recognize either fob. Put one in the slot and the dash came alive but no start. Charged the battery for 1/2 hour and the car started... Drove it around the block and everything seemed normal. the battery is the original, probably time for a replacement but the original is no longer available. What battery do you suggest as a replacement? The car is an automatic so the battery IS under the hood.
    Making something idiotproof only serves to breed a better grade of idiot.

HI Jim,

I would say any strong battery the same class as what is on the label on top.

Remember, terminals to 71 in lbs

Allthebest, Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ16 View Post
    Went out yesterday to head out for a cruise night and our 2010 Grand Sport wouldn't recognize either fob. Put one in the slot and the dash came alive but no start. Charged the battery for 1/2 hour and the car started... Drove it around the block and everything seemed normal. the battery is the original, probably time for a replacement but the original is no longer available. What battery do you suggest as a replacement? The car is an automatic so the battery IS under the hood.

When I have to chose a battery I look for the highest RC rating that is available in my price rage which will also have a high CCA rating. Don't just go by CCA ratings, the RC rating is your best friend when the vehicle is not in use.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thanks Paul, I went ahead and purchased the Delco Professional Gold that my Chevrolet dealer suggested. Putting it in today. GM part # 88865290
    Making something idiotproof only serves to breed a better grade of idiot.

Thread Information