Thread: 2005 6speed coupe RCDLR issues

Default 2005 6speed coupe RCDLR issues

I have a malfunctioning RCDLR that has the no FOB message will not unlock the car, among other FOB functions and may not start without having a fob in the slot. The manual mentions electronic interference as I recall that can create problems. Is this RCDLR unit prone to electronic pulses such as lightning in the close proximity? I have it at the dealer now to diagnose and replacement if needed.
    Thanks
    Thomas

HI there,

Any vehicle can be prone to static electricity discharge. The fact that you putting the fob in the slot makes it work tells me something else is wrong. Electronic interference can come from overhead lighting in garages, other vehicles around you, interior aftermarket accessories like radar detectors, low quality cell phone chargers and other type of devices that plug into the center console.

That is where I am looking for but its sounding more to me like a transmitter.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Allthebest, Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

Dealer replaced the RCDLR, reprogrammed and then found the transmitter at glove box was also not working. So far all seems to be back normal, no more rattling from RCDLR and 2 fobs would not reprogram. No codes, So I think this is sorted out now. No evidence of static or other discharge found.
    Thanks

Thread Information