Thread: Base Stingray Oil Reading

Default Base Stingray Oil Reading

Hi, My car is a 2019 base Stingray with manual transmission with 1,600 miles. The car runs fantastic, normal oil pressure and temps. I have followed the break-in guidelines to the letter. I check the oil after sitting overnight in a level garage. The reading I get is confusing to me, (I'm older than dirt and have checked oil in all my cars for over 55 years). One side of the dipstick reads full, up to the high cross-hatched area and the opposite side reads on bar above the low cross-hatched area? See pics. Which one represents the correct amount of oil?

Also, the car was purchased late October, has a 8/31/19 build date and has not been driven with salt and chemicals on Northwestern PA roads, hence the low mileage of 1,600. My oil life indicator is at 45%. I'm surprised at that low mileage. Does the oil life formula now take time into account?

Thanks for any enlightenment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there,

I always take the higher reading, even though as long as you are in between the upper and lower marks, you are fine.

Allthebest, Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff Vette View Post
    Hi, My car is a 2019 base Stingray with manual transmission with 1,600 miles. The car runs fantastic, normal oil pressure and temps. I have followed the break-in guidelines to the letter. I check the oil after sitting overnight in a level garage. The reading I get is confusing to me, (I'm older than dirt and have checked oil in all my cars for over 55 years). One side of the dipstick reads full, up to the high cross-hatched area and the opposite side reads on bar above the low cross-hatched area? See pics. Which one represents the correct amount of oil?

Also, the car was purchased late October, has a 8/31/19 build date and has not been driven with salt and chemicals on Northwestern PA roads, hence the low mileage of 1,600. My oil life indicator is at 45%. I'm surprised at that low mileage. Does the oil life formula now take time into account?

Thanks for any enlightenment

As long as it's wise dirt your good to go.

One of my 2 Subaru's does the same damn thing, I just split it in the middle. Better to be safe and not over fill, using the higher mark will insure this.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thread Information