Thread: So who is waiting on their c8

Default So who is waiting on their c8

Just curious if any of you guys are planning on a 2020 or 2021 c8?

Ive been a proponent of dct technology for many years.

One day I hope tp take delivery if the uaw gets over their concerns of flattening the curve and going back tow ork...

We successfully flattened the curve and are almost at the point where we will go back to a more traditonal life.

Im guessing sept/oct delivery

C8 z51 fe4 1LT torch red Black interior.

Should be worth a few laughs..

Not sure if its a 2020 or a 2021 at this pojnt. Doenst really matter to me which model year..

Pretty much the same car

Sitting at status since febriary.

Any others here thinking this has beem one hell of a year?

A very strange year to say the least. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the C8 when you receive yours. I don't think its in the cards for me anytime soon.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by JBsC6 View Post
    Just curious if any of you guys are planning on a 2020 or 2021 c8?

Ive been a proponent of dct technology for many years.

One day I hope tp take delivery if the uaw gets over their concerns of flattening the curve and going back tow ork...

We successfully flattened the curve and are almost at the point where we will go back to a more traditonal life.

Im guessing sept/oct delivery

C8 z51 fe4 1LT torch red Black interior.

Should be worth a few laughs..

Not sure if its a 2020 or a 2021 at this pojnt. Doenst really matter to me which model year..

Pretty much the same car

Sitting at status since febriary.

Any others here thinking this has beem one hell of a year?

A 2020 or 2021 would matter to me as the 2021 will always have a higher residual value.

Enjoy the new ride, and post pictures asap. These are seriously cool cars!
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

You are correct and I may in fact get a 2021 model year depending on when bg opens back up...rumors are suggesting May 11 th to may 20 th...

Then the question is how long to retrain the workers and whether the second shift starts up again...

With a second shift...we should could have around 950 c8 s a week...lets just say a thousand to round up...

Single shift? Then approximately 450 a week...

Imthink we would have 15 or 16 weeks of production...so between 8k and 16k 2020 units would be available as 2020 models in a perfect post chinese virus shutdown situation...

As far as 2020 model year...yes the residual would be better on the 2021 but Ill support whatever works best for gm.

I tend to keep my cars 3 or 5 years...although my current corvette has been the longest I ever kept a car..

Id imagine the world will remember how late the 2020 model year delivered corvettes....

Id like to see guys with orders for long beach red get their 2020 model year because 2021 they replaced that color.

I ordered torch red with black interior because that color makes me smile so if I had to wait an extra month and get a 2021 it doesnt matter to me at this point...

The c8 looks so great in so many colors

What colors you guys like?

My favorites were

Torch red,
    Rapid blue
    White
    Black
    And unbelievably the zeus bronze with a 3 LT natural dipped interior with pewter wheels..

Guys in oerson at carlisle that zeus bronze as described was literally a showcar concept car like production color combo...

Wow wow wow wee!

I didnt personally think the z51 wings fit the color though and would have left off the z51 option and I really wanted z51 more than I wanted that color.

I was also considered a rapid blue convertible with black interior as that was a real looker too...

In the end the torch red exterior with a black interior z51 fe4 1LT...

66895 plus tax etc.,was enough out of my pocket and the residual if I go for a z06 version in 3 to 5 years would give me the best residual

But with zero to 60 mph and performance under 80 mph I fully expect the performance will be quite close between the two and I do most of my driving these days.

For me the z51 was imprtant as the gm covers track use which Im dreaming I might get my butt back tot he track now that my son is now in his mid 20s....(hard to believe how many hears have past)

Just shooting the breeze,

Thread Information