Thread: Anybody else digging the exoskeleton construction for daily use!

Default Anybody else digging the exoskeleton construction for daily use!

Whose not digging the idea of an exoskeleton stainless steel construction technique for future EVs?

No paint shop needed and dramatically lower costs!

Totally ding resistance....no waxing needed

Doesnt have to be Mad Max styling but I think it looks wild.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar187129.html

Anything from Tesla/Musk should be taken with a grain of salt...…...
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

True, no waxing needed and no paint. However, very expensive to repair any dents/dings. If you never get a ding or dent, then maybe you'd save some....

While I like some of the things Elon is doing, I'm not sold on the truck or all electric cars. Personally, I think it would be better to not have the batteries. Have a small, highly efficient engine turning a generator to power the car. "Unlimited" range and a much lower carbon footprint than a regular car. Use alternative fuels and you can reduce the carbon footprint even more.

What folks don't realize is that a 100% electric car does not have that much better (lower) total carbon footprint than a regular car (an efficient car, not a truck or gas guzzler). They are almost the same. This also assumes you don't have to replace the battery pack for the "life" of the car. If you do, then the footprint is actually more then the conventional car.
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Donna_and_John View Post
    True, no waxing needed and no paint. However, very expensive to repair any dents/dings. If you never get a ding or dent, then maybe you'd save some....

While I like some of the things Elon is doing, I'm not sold on the truck or all electric cars. Personally, I think it would be better to not have the batteries. Have a small, highly efficient engine turning a generator to power the car. "Unlimited" range and a much lower carbon footprint than a regular car. Use alternative fuels and you can reduce the carbon footprint even more.

What folks don't realize is that a 100% electric car does not have that much better (lower) total carbon footprint than a regular car (an efficient car, not a truck or gas guzzler). They are almost the same. This also assumes you don't have to replace the battery pack for the "life" of the car. If you do, then the footprint is actually more then the conventional car.

100% correct. Between strip mining the earth for lithium for the batteries and precious metals for the motors, charging them up with coal or nuclear powerplants in most parts of the world, crashing our power grid, the flame thrower capability of lithium batteries, to ridiculous fill up times on 110v they do not make a compelling case for a "green earth". That would of course be hydrogen, which the Germans knew about 10-15 years ago and were gearing to ramp up for, but "suddenly" are now being forced to go electric. Apparently hydrogen does not power our satellites.

Default Anybody else digging the exoskeleton construction for daily use!

Please explain. A highly efficient engine turning a generator giving unlimited range. No energy lost in the form of heat? When you perfect this you'll be sooooo rich, having perfected perpetual motion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Danny Boy; 03-26-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post

Please explain. A highly efficient engine turning a generator giving unlimited range. No energy lost in the form of heat? When you perfect this you'll be sooooo rich, having perfected perpetual motion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You just described most of hydrogen's benefits. There would still be lots of hurdles including infrastructure, but it would be greener for the earth if that is a top priority.

Thread Information