Thread: Epic fix for broken exhaust manifold bolt 10 minute 60 dollar fix created for vette!

Default Epic fix for broken exhaust manifold bolt 10 minute 60 dollar fix created for vette!

Hey guys!

Sometimes even the very best have a bolt break and now there is a simple effective fix.

A gentleman by the name of Jim Kral has a repair bracket for all LS motors which basically use a marine application bolt hole in the LS heads...which delivers double the pressure on the exhaust manifolds with the Kap products...

Mostly for GM s truck line up of LS motors...

Now there is a simple Kap 108 for corvettes too and its works awesome installs in 10 minutes ..

Jim Kral is the inventor and producer of the Kralautoparts.com and now he has them for the ls motors in corvettes like my LS3.

Guys it couldnt have been easier to install. I installed it in 10 minutes in my garage with a flashlight on my phone to see and a 17 mm socket! Boom!

My auto tech was fixing my air conditioning and the exhaust manifold bolt broke off...that definitely happens to the best technicians and now there is a simple long lasting repair ..

The krapautoparts kap 108 specifically built now for corvette ls motors there is a simple 10 minute fix ..jist make sure you speak to Jim to order the parts specifically for corvettes!

I took photos and a video and Ill post up in the next few days.

Previously a exhaust manifold leak can cause havoc with the rear O2 sensors reading a lean mixture and dumping in a shit load of fuel to compensate.

Fuel mileage went into the crapper and the hp and tq levels took a huge nose dive too.

With the lap 108 for corvette ls motors installed in 10 minutes...no more air leak to dramatically throw off the rear o2 sensors on the passenger side...smooth running...excellent hp and tq. Gas mileage is back to normal..

Im so thrilled ...I had to pass this along..

When and if a broken manifold bolt on your belived corvette occurs...go the www.kralautoparts.com and call Jim Kral specifically to ask for the kap 108 specifically for corvettes ls motors.

He has products for one bolt broken or two broken brackets...and there are several different products depending on which exhaust manifold broke off.

I got a whole education on marine applications and solutions that preclude many of the automotive solutions which are extremely timely and expensive...

I love out of the box solutions..

I installed it 10 minutes with a sports jacket on...

Im not a technicians and was just snugging three 17 mm bolts about 15 to 20 lb feet which is basically a taut wrenching ...that done this kral auto part bracket deploys 35 lb feet of pressure on the manifold easily exceeding the original exhiast manifold bolts 18 lb ft..

The manifold is air tight and the ls motor runs exactly as designed...powerful and torquey!
    Last edited by JBsC6; 01-25-2020 at 08:58 AM.

2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Im pretty happy...it was so easy to fit and install and miracle of miracles no longer do I have an exhaust manifold leak...

Now if I could only figure out how to post photos here ..

Im in the process of doing that now on this really rainy saturday afternoon.

https://youtu.be/h7gCF83v3uo

Heres the original truck part install from you tube.

For the life of me I cant figure out how to post up my photos or video

Once we had the soecial corvette kap108 to fit over the corvette ls3 manifold properly...

I didnt even have to pull the spark plug wires, i didnt have any issue with the dipstick interference...no heat shield issue...nothing...

Went on for a novice like me in seconds...put the two bolts into the auxilary threaded holes gm has created in all ls heads...

Tightened it up with a 17 mm socket...taut...then tightened down the pinch bolt with the same 17 mm socket and I was done...

NO MORE EXHAUST MANIFOLD LEAK!

Jim has specially designed exhaust brackets for each of the ls exhaust manifold bolts depending on which one you or your excellent gm tech might have broken off during a regular service ...

This is a marine application solution that will outlast any other solution and is easy to install..

The part was under $60 and install was ten minutes tops.

I couldnt be happier!

Not the most flattering video but thought Id post something up..lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PvriF1rQAcdf2RpXA

Thread Information