Thread: 02 Z06 issues

Default 02 Z06 issues

Having an issue with my 2002 Z06 , the car starts and runs fine but every so often at idle it will begin to stumble and load up ? Also while driving under hard acceleration there is a bad hesitation and loss of power ? There are no check engine lights and no codes stored or active in the system so I'm a bit baffled ? Car has only 40k miles and I recently installed new AC Delco Iridium plugs , new wires and a new fuel filter in an effort to solve this problem but it still persists ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Good morning,

What other modifications do you have under the hood? Cold air induction?? Oiled air filter????

Is the duct between the mass air flow and the engine tight and without cracks ????

Allthebest, Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

If you have a scan tool there are some data PIDS we can look (O2 sensors, fuel trims, MAF, MAP) at during idle and under load...it may be fuel related (fuel pump/injectors) or possibly MAF related... you can rent a fuel pressure gauge and note the fuel pressure during idle and under load...as far as the MAF you can try cleaning it first and then see if it runs better...if not disconnect it and then now see if the problem still exists...it will throw a DTC but it's because of the disconnected MAF !!...without a scan tool and a scope you'd only be guessing...and that can get expensive !!

I found where the MAF connects to the air filter box was totally disconnected so basically the air was being sucked in at the MAF and not the filter box ! Removed the entire assembly and reassembled. Its idleing better for sure but because of weather I didn't get a chance to drive it yet ! Hopefully this was the issue

I bet that was your issue!

1998 Six Speed, Torch Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by toolguy View Post
    I bet that was your issue!
    Thanks for the tip buddy

Thread Information