Thread: C6 Navigation fix for a BLANK CLOCK AFTER BATTERY DISCONNECT!

Default C6 Navigation fix for a BLANK CLOCK AFTER BATTERY DISCONNECT!

Hello all you C6 owners with NAVIGATION!!!

We all know the issues with the clocks going blank, well, here is the fix from Corvette engineering

Click the link below and download the file.

https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/..._05_10_fix.zip

Burn the LOADING.KWI to a BLANK CD-R. Once this is completely burned and finished, go to your Corvette

#1 Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.

#2 On the radio display, press the Open/Close Faceplate Key

#3 Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key. Insert the Software Update Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot

The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 2 minutes. The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.

Once you see the Corvette logo, remove the update disc and REINSTALL YOUR MAP DISC!

THIS IS NOT A MAP UPDATE< THIS IS ONLY FOR YOUR CLOCK BEING BLANK!

If you have any further questions, please post up.

Allthebest, and THANK YOU TO CORVETTE ENGINEERING for this fix, Paul
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

Thank you, it worked perfectly, not only do I have the clock back with the correct time, all the other functions of the navigation system work properly too!

Just installed on my 2007 Z51 Coupe. Clock was still working but I need to disconnect the battery to do some work. Install went well, however my NAV display has a black background much link it previously worked at night. It as still daylight 3PM EST in North Carolina. It is possible that this is the normal setting for NAV's newer than 2007. I have yet to find a way to go back to the brighter screen but may not be possible with this newer level of firmware.

Anyone else see this on a 2005-2007?

Update! When I drove the car into a brightly lite garage the NAV screen went back to normal. That car must have been in enough shade to fool the light sensor.

John

Thank you !!!!

Thread Information