Thread: leaking fuel pump recall

Default leaking fuel pump recall

I have an 08 coupe that developed the fuel pump leak. I had it repaired prior to the recall. the letter I received stated that if anybody already had the repair done, to fill out the enclosed form along with proper documentation and submit it to a Chevy dealer for processing. I did so and the service manager said they would submit it to GM, they then would process it and submit a reimbursement check to the dealer who then would send a check to me. he said the process takes a month. it now has been almost two months with no feedback and no check. anybody have any experience with this type of issue? trying to figure out what I should do next. any info is appreciated.

Ask the dealer you are working with what is the status.

2013 Zo6

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16,'17 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    I have an 08 coupe that developed the fuel pump leak. I had it repaired prior to the recall. the letter I received stated that if anybody already had the repair done, to fill out the enclosed form along with proper documentation and submit it to a Chevy dealer for processing. I did so and the service manager said they would submit it to GM, they then would process it and submit a reimbursement check to the dealer who then would send a check to me. he said the process takes a month. it now has been almost two months with no feedback and no check. anybody have any experience with this type of issue? trying to figure out what I should do next. any info is appreciated.

Ask your dealer like froggy stated, and then contact GM customer service and let them know your problem. The phone number should be in your owners manual.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    Ask your dealer like froggy stated, and then contact GM customer service and let them know your problem. The phone number should be in your owners manual.
    yep.

2013 Zo6

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16,'17 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Hello!
    What is the number of the recall? I'm looking at a 2008 Z06. Thx!
    Sustain

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post

Thread Information