Thread: Jackson Chevy in CT - Z51 1st Service questions

Default Jackson Chevy in CT - Z51 1st Service questions

I'm taking delivery of a 2016 C7 Z51 next week and scheduled my first service at Jackson Chevy since I happen to live in the vicinity. Why wouldn't I go to where The Corvette Mechanic is in residence Given his event schedule, I'm guessing Paul won't actually be there when I go. From reading this and other forums, I know Mobil 1 is recommended - can I expect that at Jackson and should I be talking to someone to make sure? Any other first service tips? I'm also headed to Carlisle (without a corvette) and will hopefully have a chance to say hello to Paul and the team.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

They should use Mobile 1, the recommendation for it comes from GM. If they don't have them do it over. But it would surprise me if they miss that. And Paul might be there. I don't think he has any events for a while after Carlisle.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
    They should use Mobile 1, the recommendation for it comes from GM. If they don't have them do it over. But it would surprise me if they miss that. And Paul might be there. I don't think he has any events for a while after Carlisle.
    Thanks for the reply. I called and it turns out Paul is away all week so they actually recommended waiting till he returns on the 8th. I'll probably hit 500 miles before then so I may need to see if I can get the first service done somewhere else and follow up with Paul and team for future service.

About how many miles over do you think you may be? If it is a small amount, I wouldn't worry about it and just wait for Paul to return. Just continue to avoid WOT blasts and high rpm use until after that first oil change. Tough to do, I know....

I would also anticipate that the dealership is "on the ball" with this kind of stuff, given Paul's expertise there. I'd suspect they would handle the oil change just fine and use the correct oil. The true reality is that even if they didn't use Mobil 1, there is nothing wrong with Dexos. It is a high quality oil. It just happens to not be full synthetic, like Mobil 1. If they happened to fill it with Dexos, just get it changed the next time on the low side of the mileage and then make sure it is Mobile 1.
    Last edited by Donna_and_John; 08-27-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCT View Post
    I'm taking delivery of a 2016 C7 Z51 next week and scheduled my first service at Jackson Chevy since I happen to live in the vicinity. Why wouldn't I go to where The Corvette Mechanic is in residence Given his event schedule, I'm guessing Paul won't actually be there when I go. From reading this and other forums, I know Mobil 1 is recommended - can I expect that at Jackson and should I be talking to someone to make sure? Any other first service tips? I'm also headed to Carlisle (without a corvette) and will hopefully have a chance to say hello to Paul and the team.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Let the service advisor that you drop the vehicle off with know that your engine oil is to be changed only with Mobil 1 only as per the GM service bulletin, and make sure that is listed as Mobil 1 oil on the parts list of the invoice that you get when you pick the vehicle up.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thread Information