Thread: C3 Solid Rear Axle Conversion + Parallel Leaf Springs + ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME!

Default C3 Solid Rear Axle Conversion + Parallel Leaf Springs + ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME!

Im putting a solid rear axle in a c3 corvette. Can I attach it to existing trailing arms with modifications?
    OR
    Could solid rear axle be installed with parallel leaf springs instead? Any feedback suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

Hobart Indiana, 30 minutes from downtown Chicago

Sounds like someone is going drag racing. There is no other possible explanation for this. You will be starting from scratch. When you do find the donor car, it will end up being from a 1st or 2nd generation Camaro, Firebird, Nova, or possibly Mustang. I doubt if anyone of those cars is available to be chopped up. You will need the leaf springs to come with the rear end, and normally have them re-arched, and or remove leafs. You will probably need the rear end narrowed, and build a new rear frame, for the axle and tires, or cut out the wheel wells. I am ashamed I did this in the 70s, when Corvettes were just cars. In all reality, you should find an 80s Camaro or Firebird, and run what you brung. Sell the Corvette to someone who will appreciate it, and grab something for around $1500 AND CHOP THE CRAP OUT OF IT......Just my opinion......Mike
    30 year VW master tech, 25 year Audi master tech, 15 year Porsche registered tech, 25 year ASE master

93 Corvette 40th coupe 6 spd LT1, 83 Porsche 928 S2 5spd sunroof(rare), 02 Jeep Liberty lifted locked & lit up, 14 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Thread Information