Thread: Putting a gun safe in a c6

Default Putting a gun safe in a c6

Has anyone mounted a safe in there c6. I would like to know where you guys put one in the Corvette. I found a great one yesterday http://www.deansafe.com/microvault.html and I would like to mount it under the shade on the left or right next to the wheel well. With out removing the carpet whats under there? Can I drill a small pilot hole and srew it down there. Does anyone have a better place?

Thanks

Portable In Car Safe.

Search for Corporate Travel Safety - Poltergeist

Permit holders have restrictions placed on them from carrying concealed weapons in certain private and public buildings
    Last edited by Poltergeist; 12-11-2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Link removed by request of Corp Travel Safety.

HI there,

Just be cautious. The storage compartments are usually not a problem. The floor of the trunk can be problematic, due to the fuel system parts under there.

I would recommend behind the left or right wheels, on the flat bottom.

Allthebest, c4c5
    GM World Class Certified Service Technician.
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corvettemechanic
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/GMvettemechanic

The other key here is also having it located somewhere where you can easily transfer your pistol into the safe without folks seeing you do it. If someone sees you do it, then they know you've got a gun in the car. They're more likely to break in to get it now... I'd suggest trying to secure it to one of the seat supports (preferable driver's seat) if it will fit under the seat. If not, then, I'd look for other options where you can make the transfer "under cover."

This is an issue for all permit holders and there isn't a real easy solution. One school of thought is to not carry if you're heading to a place where you know you can't carry into. For example, I know I'm not going to be able to legally carry in most places in Washington, D.C., so I don't even take my pistol with me when I travel there. Similarly, if I know I'm heading out to the local watering hole to have a couple of beers with friends, I don't carry (even though I can legally carry into the bar). The other is to secure your weapon as best as possible when you do have to leave it in the car as you are trying to do. Part of that "securing" should also be to have things as covert as possible. I'm just fortunate that I don't have to worry about this anymore most of the time....
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

Always keep my gun holstered!

I have been considering the same. I was thinking about attaching it behind the passenger seat. Does anyone know what sits behind the panel just behind the passenger seat?

I don't know everything back there, but I do know the fuel tanks are pretty close to the panel.
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

2888 Plainfield Avenue, Syracuse, New York(NY), 13202

Most important when we hiding a gun inside our car must be put into a safety box or portable box and we must follow the law of bringing a gun inside the car. Then always remember the gun can kill anyone if the gun is put in an improper place.

Thread Information