Thread: AFM does NOT go into V4 mode

Default AFM does NOT go into V4 mode

I know some would love to have this problem, but on occasion my 2014 Automatic Wet Sump LT1 does NOT go into V4 mode for as many as 15 or 20 miles. It attempts to go into V4 for about a second, and then goes back into V8 Mode for another couple of minutes even when on level road. It cycles like this for many miles "hiccupping" as it tries to cycle into V4 for a second and then back into V8 mode.

It is annoying (almost as much as the little shudder I feel in the A6 everytime it goes in/out of AFM), but does not appear to affect the actual performance of the car.

Since I am closing on the end of my 5 Year Drive train warranty (currently at 22,500 Miles and 4 years), is this something I should be concerned about?

Please let me know your thoughts.

One thing that does affect AFM is how much the gas pedal is pushed (even on a flat road). It really does not take much to take the car out of AFM with very very slight pressure on the gas pedal. It is possible that either you are right on the edge and are kicking AFM off and on.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Does the afm only work in 6 th gear? I would consider if afm works in lower gears in the c7 to put the car in fifth gear of the automatic and see what happens.

I know this sounds nuts but I'd ask the dealer to inspect the spark plugs.

Bad spark plugs might cause the knock sensors to go off...and I'd imagine that would cause afm to shut down.

Could be a spark plug wire or a coil too...

Consider bringing the car to the corvette c7 tech local to you. .

I m just shooting the breeze but if it were me I'd look at a GM extended warranty if your concerned...they offer them pretty inexpensively on the corvette forum vendors and they are fully or mostly refundable if you sell the car...

Just a thought.,,

Not sure the gear but AFM kicks in just above 30mph.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

Thread Information