Thread: 2006 Coupe HVAC problem

Default 2006 Coupe HVAC problem

This has been going on for 7 years. At random times, fairly often, the passenger side of the HVAC system will suddenly put out full hot air. This is while the A/C is on. I live in Florida so the A/C is mostly on. It has been to two dealers 7 times for mucho $$$ and no one can fix it. The have replaced sensors, doors and door actuators, even the computer module for the HVAC system. They seem out of solutions and I do not know how to get in touch with someone at Chevy that would take an interest in a 11 year old car in perfect condition. Hope someone has a thought about what is causing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisha View Post
    This has been going on for 7 years. At random times, fairly often, the passenger side of the HVAC system will suddenly put out full hot air. This is while the A/C is on. I live in Florida so the A/C is mostly on. It has been to two dealers 7 times for mucho $$$ and no one can fix it. The have replaced sensors, doors and door actuators, even the computer module for the HVAC system. They seem out of solutions and I do not know how to get in touch with someone at Chevy that would take an interest in a 11 year old car in perfect condition. Hope someone has a thought about what is causing this!

The first place to start is to check if there are any HVAC codes stored in your computer, this cannot be done with a basic scan tool, it needs to be a tool that can read module specific codes.

I have seen low Freon charge affect only one side of a dual zone a/c system.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thread Information