Thread: Winter

Default Winter

What type of snow tires give the best traction ? Are studs good for the vetts tires. Does any one know which are the best brands? Do the new corvettes have a box to check off snow tires as an option?

I like Michelin and Yokohama for tire brands, but with Corvette sizes you may not be able to be too picky. I wouldn't use studded tires, get a good snow tire that is meant to run in snow and ice, these are not all season tires but winter dedicated tires that grip snow and ice and are meant to be removed after winter. I don't think Corvette has a winter tire option, but some models may have all season. All season, summer, and winter tires are completely different from each other and owners should be very careful about how and when they are used.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

I wonder if they could recap my old tires for snow use?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    I wonder if they could recap my old tires for snow use?

That would just be a cheap tire that makes a lot of noise when driving.

Even if someone could do a recap they still wouldn't be the dedicated winter tire like a Blizzak or equivalent. If your serious about winter safety, the correct/quality tires are mandatory.

Go on tirerack.com's website, they have a lot of excellent tire information, and they do their own testing.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thread Information