Thread: lots of questions!!! 02 C5 Coupe

Default lots of questions!!! 02 C5 Coupe

I took ownership of the car from my father 3 years ago who is original owner and car has had no previous major issues, car has 110,000 miles on it.

simple issue #1 - the elbow connector that comes our of firewall in front of windshield for wiper fluid is broke and I cant find one anywhere??

now the fun stuff - Traction control system sometimes when I start car it says its warming up and sometimes it doesn't? Ill be driving along and all of a sudden it comes on??

cigarrete lighter and outlet in console not working - checked fuse and all is good there, why are both not working and fuse good?

Other small issues to mess with due to normal wear and tear
    seat controls and side panels of seats broken from my fat butt climbing in and out
    radio gets crappy / weak signal and lots of static. don't want to go after market as I would like to keep car original

That's allot for a first time poster I know but I finally decided to start looking around for help and get these issues fixed.

Thanks!

I've used Dino for many little C5 parts, both used and some new. Give him a call.
    https://www.corvettesalvage.com/

Some issues may be caused by worn contacts in the ignition module that the key tumble fits into. It's an easy cheap fix for a DIY'er. See my sticky about it at the top of this C5 Form page. It may help you.

This is another good vendor:
    http://www.vettenuts.net/

Do google searches for solutions too.....type in your specific issue and see what pops up. There are a lot of youtube vids available.

Good luck
    Last edited by Fixvet; 06-24-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Dennis "Fix" Fixsen dba FixVet Detailing Services, Clever, MO
    1998 Black over Torch Red Coupe, A4, F45, 3.15 rear, HP Tune, CAI, Vararam Velocity Stack, Z06 TI Catbacks, drilled/slotted rotors....VFW Life Member, VN Vet 70-71, 4thINF & 101stABN

Quote Originally Posted by Br1006 View Post
    I took ownership of the car from my father 3 years ago who is original owner and car has had no previous major issues, car has 110,000 miles on it.

simple issue #1 - the elbow connector that comes our of firewall in front of windshield for wiper fluid is broke and I cant find one anywhere??

now the fun stuff - Traction control system sometimes when I start car it says its warming up and sometimes it doesn't? Ill be driving along and all of a sudden it comes on??

cigarrete lighter and outlet in console not working - checked fuse and all is good there, why are both not working and fuse good?

Other small issues to mess with due to normal wear and tear
    seat controls and side panels of seats broken from my fat butt climbing in and out
    radio gets crappy / weak signal and lots of static. don't want to go after market as I would like to keep car original

That's allot for a first time poster I know but I finally decided to start looking around for help and get these issues fixed.

Thanks!
    For #1 you mean the little 90 deg. black plastic part for fluid? If so it's a standard part a big napa should have (or have the guy order it if not in stock). Please don't say that has to be gm original.

TC warming up msg. is normal once in a while, if it happens every day or several times a day, probably the steering wheel position sensor. R&R.

If the wires to the outlet are disconnected somewhere along the line the fuse will NOT blow. Basic elec. circuit troubleshoot.

You should probably watch some/all my yt videos, a lot of guys have told me they help. See below.

Learn to pull codes, they are your friend.
    Last edited by froggy47; 06-24-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Thread Information