Thread: 2001 Coupe Dash Freaking Out

Default 2001 Coupe Dash Freaking Out

Hey gang. Daily for the last 3 days my 2001 coupe seems to be possessed. The display will read things like REDUCED ENGINE POWER, LOW FUEL, SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM. The temp guage is pegged, Oil Pressure reads 0, Fuel guage reads 0, and volt meter is functioning. Radio shuts off, windows don't function along with the auto door locks and a/c.

I pulled the codes~
    BCM
    U1301
    U1255H
    U1016H
    U1096H
    SDM~
    U1301H
    IPC~
    U1255H
    U1064H
    U1040H
    U1016H
    U1176H
    U1088H
    U1160H
    Radio~
    U1096H
    U1016H
    HVAC~
    U1064H
    U1096H
    U1160H
    U1255H
    RDCM~
    B2265H
    U1255H
    U1064H
    U1016H
    U1096H
    SCM~
    U1300H
    U1255H
    U1160H
    U1016H
    U1064H
    RFA~
    U1255H
    U1064H
    U1064H
    U1096H
    U1016H

I see that most of these codes are tripped for a lack of communication with other modules. I am at wits end because I don't know where to start. I know that some of you here have encountered this problem, and would very much appreciate your input on how to rid my car of these demons. Thank you in advance. Also, Maybe the name of a reputable shop in the Sacramento area to repair my cars issues. Thank you in advance

First place to start is clean and tight battery cables that cannot be twisted when tight, and have the battery load tested with a quality carbon pile load tester.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Also, check the connectors and the individual pins that run through the accordions between the body and the door. Often a loose connection here can create a code storm.

lurk

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

If the battery and cables test good, then the next step would be to test the electrical part of the ignition switch. With the key on and engine off, rotate the switch back and forth slowly to near crank position and accessories position and see if the problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
    Also, check the connectors and the individual pins that run through the accordions between the body and the door. Often a loose connection here can create a code storm.
    Thanks for everyone's reply. The battery tests good, so what is it exactly that I am looking for in the door connection? Upon inspection there is one female pin that is slightly askew in the female connector. It looks a bit sideways compared to the others. Could something so simple as pulling that pin widen the connection, and reinstall be my next step? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by markmark View Post
    Thanks for everyone's reply. The battery tests good, so what is it exactly that I am looking for in the door connection? Upon inspection there is one female pin that is slightly askew in the female connector. It looks a bit sideways compared to the others. Could something so simple as pulling that pin widen the connection, and reinstall be my next step? Thanks again

Did the ignition switch test good?

The problem seems to be intermittent. For the first time in days the fob wouldn't unlock the d/s door. Everything else seems to be working. Well, 'cept for the clock on the radio. It resets to 1:00 or so whenever I get in and out of the car. It all went away for a couple of days and I held my breath. Everything worked fine, then the clock, and todays door lock issue. If my codes are clear, and the dash isn't freaking out, what am I looking for on the ign switch test? I'll go out right now and perform that one. My bad for getting ahead of myself with your advice. BRB

Hello LLC5, ran the switch test. Went back and forth prolly 20 times. The only thing that changed was the drivers seat wanted to recline into position slightly. When I removed the key, the seat did not go bakk automatically, nor did the steering column retract. I have the ez get in n out turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by markmark View Post
    Hello LLC5, ran the switch test. Went back and forth prolly 20 times. The only thing that changed was the drivers seat wanted to recline into position slightly. When I removed the key, the seat did not go bakk automatically, nor did the steering column retract. I have the ez get in n out turned on.

You went slowly back and forth and nothing changed?

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    You went slowly back and forth and nothing changed?
    Correct, just the minor seat movement. I have driven it daily, and none of my issues have appeared. I installed an interface to listen to my mp3 player through the stock radio years ago. After re-setting that, which needs to be done after disconnecting the battery, my clock has kept the proper time. I am still not convinced this problem will not re-appear at some point.
    Last edited by markmark; 05-30-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Well, it seems, SOME POINT has reared it's ugly head. After 3 weeks of holding my breath the demons popped up again. I have found this article

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-there-is.html
    And the one that Froggy touches on in his youtube video on this issue. It would figure that giving my coupe some love with a new set of tires, she would treat me this way. LLC5, is there more to the direction that you were leading me? Thank you

Thread Information