Thread: Headers or not?

Default Headers or not?

Been thinking about headers and exhaust. I have seen the green cats that are supposed to eliminate the engine light coming on or any error codes.
    But I have seen some reviews where the manufacturer claims the install to be fine, but then the owner of the car will have issues right away with error codes and stuff and no support from the manufacturer....

I don't want to get into having to have the car displaying errors or failing an emissions test either.

What kind of experiences have you had if you are running headers and full exhaust? What are you running? Is it working good?
    Is it worth the money and time to change out?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Rick

Any long tube headers will require a tune in order to take full advantage of them (get the full hp gain) and not throw any trouble codes. Not only can you get some extra hp, exhaust not will also be improved. IMO, shorty headers are not worth the expense. They may also require a tune to work properly.

If you are considering headers, you may also want to consider an air intake as well. Put both on at the same time. One tuning session will take care of both.
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

What else have you already done?

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Quote Originally Posted by jard View Post
    Been thinking about headers and exhaust. I have seen the green cats that are supposed to eliminate the engine light coming on or any error codes.
    But I have seen some reviews where the manufacturer claims the install to be fine, but then the owner of the car will have issues right away with error codes and stuff and no support from the manufacturer....

I don't want to get into having to have the car displaying errors or failing an emissions test either.

What kind of experiences have you had if you are running headers and full exhaust? What are you running? Is it working good?
    Is it worth the money and time to change out?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Rick

Your second paragraph states that you do not want any error codes or to fail an emissions test, if that is your priority then keep it OEM. Period.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

Thread Information