Thread: C6 driver window

Default C6 driver window

My 2008 corvette has been in storage for 4 months. When I tried to start it the driver window went down the appropriate amount, but the battery was to low to start the car. After charging the battery the car started, but the window would not return to the full up position. Window did go fully down, but would only return to about 2" from the full up position. Tried the window several times with no success for a full up position. Thanks, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by st.johns View Post
    My 2008 corvette has been in storage for 4 months. When I tried to start it the driver window went down the appropriate amount, but the battery was to low to start the car. After charging the battery the car started, but the window would not return to the full up position. Window did go fully down, but would only return to about 2" from the full up position. Tried the window several times with no success for a full up position. Thanks, Steve.

First thing to do is have your battery properly load tested with a carbon pile load tester if you can find someone who has one, you need to know for sure that the battery is healthy.

If this happened after a low voltage event, then try resetting the window memory. Use the window up and down, holding the switch in the up position for about 5 seconds after the window is all the way up, do this in the down position also. If the battery is weak or bad, this may not work.
    20+ years ASE and Honda Master Tech

1998 black 6 spd convertible

I agree, if you are playing around with a marginal battery, you will be spending a lot of time here posting about "Why doesn't this/that work". Vettes need 100% known good batteries before the troubleshooting starts.

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

You will have to reprogram the window. The procedure is in the owners manual.
    1964 Corvette convertible

2009 Corvette coupe

Thread Information