Thread: Some New Info on 2017 ZO6

Default Some New Info on 2017 ZO6

I received this email from a Corvette guru:

The 2017 Z06 will come with improved cooling according to Tadge..............

2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to get cooling improvements

With a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 cranking out 650 horsepower, it’s no surprise that the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 gets hot. In fact, some customers have found it gets way, way too hot.

As a result, Chevrolet will update the 2017 Z06 with improved cooling components to keep that LT4 engine running smoothly on track.

Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer, says that a small number of customers reported heatsoak or overheating issues when running their Z06s hard on track. The exact number might have been less than five percent of all buyers, Juechter said, but those drivers complained loudly about the issues. As part of his engineering team’s emphasis on “continual improvement,” updates are coming this fall.

The 2017 Z06 will receive a new hood with improved cooling vents and some other changes “for additional cooling on the track.” Chevrolet says more precise details on the tweaks will come later this year.

Production of the Z06 is currently suspended so Chevrolet’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, factory can crank out the first batch of Corvette Grand Sports; the 2017 Z06 will enter production this fall.

It will be interesting to see/hear what all the improvements are....
    http://www.crossedflags.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    2001 Dark Bowling Green Metallic Coupe - 6-spd and mods (400 rwhp)
    2005 Aqua Blur SSR - 6-spd & LS2(Donna's hotrod), bone stock for now

A new hood? I can't but wonder what it's going to look like. Extra heat extractors??
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

That's good, I will be buying one used in a few years, 2017 & newer.

2004 Z06/Z16 Stock motor, very modified suspension

1996 Black/gray LT4 Coupe (sold)

2007 328i (traded), 2004 IS300, 1995 M3 (sold), Chevy & Ford & Lexus SUV's.

'06,'09,'10,'11,'12,'13,'16 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Visit my DIY video channel for tips. Click below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

New front facia and new hood? More coolers?

Sounds awesome....

I did not expect production of the c7 z06 would be halted to make room for more grand sport production...

Rumors of 700 hp is always something fun..

We all know a lot of the guys with 2015 and 2016 c7 z06 s will be upgrading to the newer model if it has more power and better cooling capacity...

For 95 percent of the owners ...the 2015 and 2016 z06 s are running great...

Still I would imagine an upgrade rate of 20 percent ...for the guys who always have to have the very best...

I wonder if GM will sneak the ten speed automatic in after all the 2016 a8 s are sold...

According to Mark Reuss ...that new ten speed automatic is even better than the A8....

I'm still not sure if I'd want the auto or the manual...and the A8 is an amazing transmission...as well as being quicker....

I look forward to the news releases of the 2017 model year for the z06....

When 650 hp and ft of tq are just not enough?

I guess just to end hellcat bragging rights even though the corvette is 1000 lbs lighter....

I would like to know if there is any track time differential between the z51, the grand sport and the z06...

Will the grand sport be slower ...equal to or superior to the z51....with the same driver...

We won't hear any info from this weeks press releases if in fact the grand sport is slower on the track because of greater weight...

The 17's still overheat just like the 15's and 16's, seems worse in the automatics, I have a 16' hellcat and had a 16' Z06 and now a 17' Z06, both were/are Z07's with GM second radiator installed. If I drive my hellcat and the Z06 on the same roads and the same distance on the same day, and say it's 90 plus degrees, the vette is much hotter for a longer period of time than the hellcat, for several reasons, the hellcat has WAY more grill area to get cold air in, it sits higher off the ground, but the biggest key is the intercoolers. In this pic of the next ZR1 they seem to copy the hellcat and added 2 more coolers to the front, or so it seems

Thread Information