Thread: I just ordered up a set of bilstein sports from tire rack for my c6 z51!

Default I just ordered up a set of bilstein sports from tire rack for my c6 z51!

I should have these puppies installed in week or two...I just ordered up the bilstein sports today from tire rack.

I found them for a few pennies less on the net but because tire rack supports one of my favorite autoblog podcasts and tire rack will definitely be around if I ever need to enact any portion of the lifetime warranty...what the hell... they got my business...

I'll report back after I get these installed...

Its funny....I often drive my z51 vette and never realized I might need new shocks but I figured at 55k miles....what the hell...the bilsteins come with a lifetime guarantee..

I plan on keeping my z51 shocks in storage in case I ever need to have the bilsteins repaired...Otherwise I'd probably have to just buy new shocks because I couldn't leave the car on a lift for the time it takes to repair the bilsteins if in fact they needed to be repaired..

I'll probably toss the z51 shocks a week before they are actually needed....(murphy's law)

All kidding aside...I never expect to need to enact the lifetime warranty on the bilsteins

I've like the Bilstein's I have on my Camaro.
    2015 Stingray Z51 w/ Magnetic Ride Control & 8-speed Automatic

I'll report back after I get these installed...
    Hey buddy, got any feedback after you installed the Bilstein shocks you ordered?

Put them on my 89 about 8 years ago. Still great

The bilsteins are fine...I really couldn't tell the difference...in hindsight probably put on new shocks too soon..the car didn't need them...yet the bilsteins sport shocks that were a replacement for the c6 z51 shocks seem to be equal in capability..

Best move for me was putting on Michelin non runflats on 19/20 inch c7 z51 rims...

Look awesome...handle great and the ride is dramatically improved over the runflats and the hankooks evo 12 s...

I'll stay with more expensive tires in the future...it's money well spent...

I think the hankooks rated well in tests but noise level? Ride ? Handling compared to michelins? No comparision...

I changed the shocks around 50 or 60k miles if I remember correctly...I'm at 111k miles and the car drives like brand new still...the car is beautiful...and I can't complain in one bit...

Service has been minimal...cost negligible..

I'm laughing at how cheap it is to own a basically stock 2008 c6 z51 manual over the past decade..as I picked it up in nov. 2007..this cars been great..

Thread Information